Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Catching up & Big News!

Whoa, so it's been way too long since I've updated this bad boy. There's just a few things I need to catch up on and then I get to announce my big news!

I started the 100 book challenge on January 1st and I've already read 53 books. This puts me about 2 books ahead of where I need to be in order to actually read 100 books this year! Most of what I've read are pretty good books but I've read some pretty terrible ones too. I'll see about doing a more in depth post with a few words about each of the books I've read so far.

Next up, I turned 25! And went to Alaska with Cisco for a much needed vacation! Again, I'll have to do an in depth post about our trip there but it'll probably wait until I have all the pictures from our time there so I can share those too. 

Upon our return from Alaska, we also bought me a new car! It's pretty. And green. And amazing. And, and and... lol so many happy and exciting things!
I'm standing next to my Fiona! :) 
Now, I guess I should probably get to THE biggest news of the year....


**DRUM ROLL PLEASE!**
Cisco asked me to marry him!! 

I have been bouncing off the walls for the last couple of weeks with all the happy I have in me! We don't have a date set yet but it's on the agenda to discuss. Yesterday, I wrote out our proposal story and I figured what better place to share it than here. I've been getting a ton of questions on Facebook about how it happened and all that jazz so without further ado...


If you know Cisco and me, you know that we are not the typical couple by any means. We bicker and taunt each other enough that we could take this show on the road. We are not a normal couple and so very far from traditional so you should know that our proposal story is one for the books. Cisco does things on his own timetable so obviously this has been a long time coming!
In June of 2013, Cisco and I were gearing up for a vacation in Alaska. The day before we were to fly out, Cisco took the day off to prepare for the trip while I worked. We had a plan that when I returned home, we would immediately go shopping for last minute things for the trip. All was great until around 4pm when I suggested that I might get off work early. Cisco decided that he didn't want to go out shopping and we'd wait until the following day. Of course, I was grumpy with the idea of waiting to pack until the day of and I definitely let him know it!
When I arrived home after work on 19JUN, I walked in and after cleaning around the house for a bit, I decided to go to dinner with my parents. Cisco had once again declined going out even for dinner so as I left the house, I was still frustrated with him. Once I left, I decided that I was going to do the errands that were initially planned so I called Cisco back. While on the phone, he put me on hold to answer the door. Once he got back on the phone, he had me turn around and come pick him up. My thinking was he didn't want me to be irritated with him anymore. So I walk in, and wait on the couch while he gets ready to go. The following is a rough draft of the exchange he and I had as we prepared to go out:
CR*: "Okay, babeh, I's gettin' ready to go now!"
CL*: "I don't understand. We had a plan. We were gonna leave right after I got home from work. We discussed this earlier!"
CR: "Hold on, I have to get Harley to go outside. Harley! Outside! Come on Harley!"
(Harley stands in the living room with her head cocked to the side)
CL: "Seriously? Leave her inside and go take your shower. What is your deal? She's fine!"
CR: "Okay, hold please! I have to find my flip flop. I know it's around here somewhere!"
(He crawls around in front of the couch where I'm sitting, grasping around the floor. I'm getting further annoyed that he's still not ready to go. Every new task is just irritating me more because it's like he was stalling to get going!)
Cisco pulled out a little black box while he was "searching for his flip flop" and said to me: 
"First your way: 'Chelsea (rest of my name removed), will you marry me?' Now my way: 'You's bein' mah babeh forevah!'"
After a stunned moment of silence due to the emotional whiplash he gave me, of course I said yes (after verifying that he asked my Daddy for his blessing)! 
It turns out, the whole reason that Cisco decided not to go out and run our errands or go to dinner was because he was waiting for the UPS guy to show up with the ring. He ended up showing up in the span of me leaving the house and returning to pick Cisco up. So the whole reason I was grumpy was moot since he didn't want to leave without signing for the engagement ring! It just wouldn't be us if we weren't bickering or I wasn't grumpy with him for some reason or another during this momentous occasion!
My smile has yet to dim after that amazing night and I'm so incredibly excited to begin the rest of our lives together. The next day, Cisco and I went on our first extended vacation together and had quite the adventure in Alaska. It was the perfect time to be an engagement couple and everything is just falling into place for us. 
I hope you enjoyed our story and I'm sure Cisco will have something to say about the way I portrayed it (the guys always do!) For now, know that Cisco and I are incredibly happy.

"I paid how much for that ring?!"

I still catch myself staring at this gorgeous ring!
Don't let him fool you, he's happy!
What better place to celebrate our engagement than at Hooters with my parents?!
I am still just incredibly mind blown that I'm engaged to the love of my life! I never imagined it would feel and be like this. Every time I look at my hand, I have this huge grin on my face and I know just how lucky I am to have my Cisco. On another post, I'll have to talk about how Cisco asked my Daddy for his blessing and also about my Mom's reaction when I told her.
>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>
So on that fabulous note, I get to talk about my good friend Mallory Hotmess! She has generously offered to take our engagement photos for us! She's learning to and becoming an incredible photographer and we're grateful to be her first engagement shoot. She is and going to continue to be a force to be reckoned with so check her out at her site! 
One of my all time favorite pictures of myself was recently taken by Mallory. She definitely captured my "I just can't..." emotion!
I'm sure I'll have to change the name of this blog to something about weddings or green or something like that since the next posts will likely be centered around that. I'll still be reading but I doubt I'll want to write about it unless I read a mind blowing book.
Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm glad I could share my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment