Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend and a Harley-girl :)

Well, it's been quite a time since my last post! We got our Harley-Quinn! She's super adorable and such a sweet dog! She's a little pain since she's a teething puppy and wants to get into EVERYTHING! We're enrolled in Beginner's obedience training at Petsmart and our first class was Saturday. She did really well and  we figured out a few tricks to keep her attention. She's an uppety little shit though! Yesterday, we brought her with us to visit our families so while we were at Cisco's folks' house, she wouldn't drink water out of the bowl. She'd only drink if I was pouring it from a bottle and it was super cold! We also learned that she gets bored with one set of treats so we have to switch up the treats to get her attention! I wouldn't trade her for the world, though. My cats were pretty interesting when they met last week. Snoggy (my older one) has absolutely NO issues with Harley. I think it's because Snoggy thinks she's a dog anyway so she just kind of rolls over in front of Harley to play. The only problem is that Harley doesn't get that she's about 15lbs heavier than Snoggy and playing with Snoggy means no pawing. Stash, on the other hand, did NOT take well to the new addition to the house. Stash is definitely used to being the alpha-female and she was threatened by Harley being much bigger than her. She's slowly coming around but she still bats at Harley if she gets too close. I have to keep an eye on that since both cats still have their claws.
Cisco and Harley-girl :)

Since she still has some of her baby teeth, she LOVES tug o' war!

This is probably my favorite picture of Harley on her own.

She thinks she's so innocent.

Harley love the first day we had her!
I mentioned heading to visit our families yesterday for Mother's Day. It went really well and it was nice to hang out with the family for awhile. Cisco and I brought his mom a new digital camera that she seemed pretty pleased about (even though she wasn't happy about lots of money spending lol). I helped her get it ready to go to start taking pictures while we were there. It was a nice day so we spent most of it outside with Harley and the kids. Afterwards, we headed to my Mom & Dad's house for dinner. We had steak, shrimp, potatoes and salad. It was sooo tasty and Harley didn't beg for any of it! I got Mom some furniture and a new pot to make another mini-Fairy-garden and she was pretty stoked. They went on a 17 mile bike ride yesterday that I thought was pretty cool. It's nice seeing them relax and try new things.

The only disappointing part was finding out that neither of my siblings bothered to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day. There was no correspondence from either of them, not even through Facebook! Mom seems kind of nonchalant about it but I'm pretty sure it bothers her. It makes me so frustrated and sad that my siblings treat my parents like crap or don't acknowledge them at all. My parents bend over backwards to help all of us kids and this is the kind of thing that happens? Seriously? Who does that?! Every year I joke that it's my goal to make my Mom cry with whatever gift I give her but it's not really a joke. I try to find something every year to give her to let her know just how much I respect, love, and cherish her. It's the same with my Dad. Dad has done so much for us as a family and he's only treated with disrespect if he's even acknowledged at all by my siblings. The problem is that he's too candid for them. He represents reality. Mom is getting there too which is why I believe neither of them said anything yesterday. She's not taking crap anymore and it bothers my brother and sister enough that they don't make it an attempt to let my Mom know that she's a great Mom. I hope I was able to distract Mom enough while I was there with Cisco and Harley that she knows how much I love her and wish that I was more like her. So if you're reading this and you forgot to contact your Mom yesterday, or you did and you just want to remind her...call your Mom. Tell her that she's awesome. Without her, where the HELL would you be?!

That's enough of my rant for now. I'll leave you with a quote from Washington Irving:

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

1 comment:

  1. phooey on your other sibs, who needs them when she has a daughter as awesome as you! glad you are havin fun with harley. i cant wait til next time we visit and get to play with her.

    ReplyDelete