Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Another day...

Still reading Magic Bites and it's still giving me some hassle as to keeping my attention. I've caught myself a couple of times skipping bits and pieces because I want to get to the heart of the nitty gritty. It has taken me a lot longer to read this book than most of my recent books. My GoodReads To-Read list is down to 63 books which makes me happy but most likely by the end of the week there will be a ton more books added to it.


As for everything else? Well, I'm doing a walk in memory of my cousin Brian Pritchard. He married into the family and truly became part of all of us. I was never given the chance to meet Brian but I followed his blog. He had a motto that I've kind of adopted myself, Just Try and Ruin My Day. Take a second to check out the blog that my cousin Stacey is keeping up about life after the unthinkable, and go back into the archives to see what Brian used to write. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society does a Light the Night walk every year in our area. I'm the team captain of a team this year because I really wanted to do something in memory of Brian. He truly inspired me. I'm trying to raise my goal of $1K before our walk so we can all be champions for a cure. Every little bit counts. Will you be a champion?




Get Adobe Flash player




I'll leave you with this quote that I really like by Sarah Dessen from The Truth About Forever:
"It's just that...I think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contract, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is."

What a way to explain the imperfections of life and reality.

1 comment:

  1. if you need something to read to zone out on go for the silly nikki heat books. they are pretty amusing because they are EXACTLY like the show. i keep picturing Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion while reading.

    ReplyDelete