Thursday, October 27, 2011

La-La Land?

So I got to thinking...maybe I should call this blog Lost in La-La Land vice Literature because I damn sure haven't written anything recently about books. I started this blog at a rough time anyway because of my school stuff (which includes two math classes) and because of this Light the Night Walk. A lot of priorities and not a lot of time. Yes, I'm still reading that Jennifer Estep book and haven't gotten any further than last post but I promise I will get to reading! Anyway, I thought tonight I would take a page out of my Lilylove's blog and write about food!


I baked tonight! Yup, I sure did! This is a rare and tremendous feat for me. We are doing a bake sale tomorrow and I decided to bake banana nut bread (the one thing I feel I can bake). Now, I've been playing with my recipe so it's kind of amusing that I baked two loaves today and they look completely different from one another! So without further ado, here's my foray into baking for the night!


This was the second loaf. I added more baking soda and less flour but more cinnamon and nutmeg.
This was the first loaf and I'm quite proud. Fluffy and moist and very tasty. I will not tell you the recipe as I believe this will be my secret :)
And this would be the two loaves together...the left one is the one with less flour and more baking soda & the right is the fluffy awesome one!
 Okay, so I'm done with the baking portion of the night! As you can tell, it's almost bed time! However, I am really looking forward to finishing this book in the Elemental Assassins series. This one doesn't seem to be grabbing me as much as the rest of the series has. I am anxious to read some of the other books that I have in my queue. Trance by Kelly Meding has really caught my eye...if I can't focus on Spider's Revenge, I might have to take a break and come back to it (though, I hate to do that!). Who knows?


Tonight I'll leave you with a quote from a great author, Veronica Roth from her book Divergent:
"There is power in controlling something that can do so much damage - in controlling something, period."






1 comment:

  1. im so proud of you for baking :D yay for foodie blogs. i love banana bread but i dont really care for nuts in my loaves (insert dirrty joke here). hope you had fun baking!!

    ReplyDelete